Wednesday 8 May 2013

Nancy from http://pomegranatetrail.blogspot.com

Being in the spotlight is scary.  I ask myself why do you blog if you don't like the spotlight? Well....I love making felt since the very first day I laid eyes on it in 1989. The beginning of a passion that gave me so much but was brutally interrupted, but that's for later, a next post.

felted bracelet
I started taking on line classes from Jude Hill because patchwork was another big love that started in my teens....and as an early recycler or sentimental being I used my granddads pyjama's, my brothers blouses as well as my grandma's favourite dress, the clothes from my early sweethearts have a part in my first quilts too..imagine?
Jude makes spirit cloth, so beautiful so free. I think she's one of my favourite artists ever (really she's like Chagall for me)
At the classes I met new blogfriends aka ragmates, start following their blogs and now...JOEPIE.....
ragmate Nancy
celebrates 2 years blogging with a give away and I'm the lucky one......
to be continued......................................................................................................................................

4 comments:

Sweetpea said...

Oh Yvette, this is such a beautiful, heartfelt post and it is such a pleasure to see your handwork here. I want to see that cloth on the ironing board UP CLOSE ... wow.

Really a pleasure to be stitching with you, even if it is from afar. xo

curieuzeneuzemosterdpot said...

geluksvogel! :-))

ik kijk curieusss uit naar het vervolg, yvette, of wat dacht je? :-)))

Lutje said...

ik was eerst op je andere blog maar daar kon ik niet reageren, dus nu hier maar ;-)

Mo Crow said...

I want to see more of your big cloth too Yvette! (when you're ready)